Thursday, September 4, 2014

TBT (Throw Back Thursday) Artist Trading Card

My favorite ATC (Dimensions 2.5 x 3.5 inches)

I have been sorting to the room that is my craft cave attempting to de-clutter, organize, and purge.   A wonderful by product of the process is revisiting projects that I completed in a much earlier time.  The title of the swap was "Snap Shot with a Twist" on Memory Makers forum all the way back in October of 2007!  This remains one of my favorite ATC's I've made.  One was sent in the swap, another I kept just because it is so fun!


I used two sizes of the oval Coluzzle (remember those?), one of my all time favorite tools before wafer thin dies proliferated.  I created this little gem with just a few Prima flowers, a brad, crafting thread, an eyelet, and Narratives by Karen Russell Swatch Book Impress-Ons, Quotes and Designs.  The origin of my idea was from Chinese lanterns, and this was before Martha Stewart came out with her Party Crafting Template.  Alternating ovals connect either on the long side or the short side.  I used small bits of tape on the Coluzzle to avoid cutting through the card stock.  Maybe it is time to re-kindle the fun of making little ATCs!  Want to join me?


3 comments:

  1. Nothing like nostalgia to revive the creative fervor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva - such a clever and ingenious way of creating a dual use ATC! I love my Coluzzle as well and I plan to give this technique a try for perhaps something Christmassy. Thanks so much for applying to Anything But a Card Challenges and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, it is one of my all-time favs and I am glad I found it to post for ABAC!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!