Monday, December 29, 2014

Winter Anniversary Card


My wonderful In-laws have an anniversary this week, in fact tomorrow.  This is the card that I created this evening to share with them on their 52nd Anniversary.  Congratulations to both of them!



I started with the Deconstructed Sketch no. 181 and Colour Q Challenge #273 and headed for my scrap bin.  I found a lovely version of Old Olive and trimmed it for the card base.  I dug through my retro stamps and found a Fancy Pants Bella Brush background to stamp in both corners with Tsukineko Versa Mark Water Mark Ink.  Next my version of Hello Honey was trimmed to fit the front panel.  A great find in the orange scrap folder was a two toned paper that suited Calypso Coral and Poppy Parade very nicely.  One strip was pressure embossed with Sizzix Damask #3 and lightly sanded to bring out the design.  These layers were adhered directly to the white card base.  The Old Olive banner was inked with  Tsukineko Versa Magic Spanish Olive.  The corners were shaped with corner punch from McGill.  The inner banner was trimmed and adhered to the Old Olive layer.  Dimensional foam adhesive raised this layer up to add some interest and allow the banner to stand out a bit.  Spellbinders Labels Nine die cut the top label.  Dream Ink’s sentiment of “Happy Anniversary” is stamped in Spanish Olive and edges the outside edge to add a bit of distinction.   The label is finished with Want To Scrap Nestabling.  From my ribbon stash I found the perfect Old Olive version of ribbon that is tied into a triple loop bow on my fun new Bows-It-All Version 2 and adhered with a glue dot.  What a fun card this was to make in colors that I would not have thought of using.   

This card was inspired by and entered into the following challenges:


5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your in-laws! I'm sure they are delighted and honored to receive this lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful...makes a very sweet Anniversary card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful milestone for your in-laws! I'm sure they'll be overjoyed to receive such a beautiful card! And thanks for including colourQ colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful anniversary card, love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card for your in-laws, Neva! So glad you decided to share your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!