Wednesday, August 5, 2015

For a Little Girl at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #110

Our challenge for this fortnight at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge is to create something for a little girl.  I created this card for a sweet baby and her mother who needed to spend some time at Dornbecher Children's Hospital in Portland.  Sweet baby girl had a birth defect, a vascular ring around her trachea also known as a double aortic arch.  Praising God that she is now home and doing well!


I started with Peddlers Pack images that I have owned forever!  The are marked with 1995, wow 20 years ago!  Since I wanted to use my watercolor pencils I used Bristol 100 pound white card stock.   First the mouse was stamped in Tsukineko StazOn Black and then masked with a fussy cut image of the same.  I figured he could sit on the chair arm as I didn't think his little skinny tail or arms would do well otherwise.  The chair is stamped over the mask with Tsukineko StazOn Timber Brown.  The remaining images were stamped Tsukineko StazOn Black and fussy cut after they were colored.  

My Rexel Derwent Watercolor pencils gave me the wonderful soft watercolor feel I wanted for the images.  I used Ivory Black 67, Golden Brown 59, Brown Ochre 57, Rose Pink 18, Deep Cadmium 6, Lemon Cadmium 2, Water Green 44, Grass Green 47, Smalt Blue 30, and Light Violet 26.  I love using my Niji Water pen to finish the watercolor effect.  The images cheeks and paws are finished with Chameleon PK3 Bubble Gum, and the flower's leaves have a bit of YG3 Spring Green.  


The doll, bunny, and bear are mounted to the card with different thicknesses of foam adhesive.  Card stock from my stash that brings out the colors of the images is used to back the card front image.  Martha Stewart Eyelette Lace border and corner punch give the lacy edge to the background layer.  This was a fun card to make and hopefully was a cheerful message for a sweet baby and her mama as they spent more than 2 weeks at the hospital! 

Please come by and join the Little Girl fun at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #110!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and delightful, dearie!
    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Neva love the cute image
    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Neva. Love the image x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!