In the spirit of the season the challenge for the next two weeks at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge is Ho Ho Ho Holidays.
For those of you that know me well, it will not surprise you that this card includes an angel. I have collected angels for at least 40 years, and this image is from 1998! Tri Shutter cards are fun to put together and by using a combination of inks on different panels the card is easily color coordinated.
|Front view with the card closed.|
|Side view of the opened card|
1. The blue base card is 7" x 12" and is scored from edge to edge at 4", 8", and 10" marks. At the 2" and 12# score from the edge to the 2" mark from the edge. Accordion fold into the card into shape.
2. Trim two of each of the following: (a)1.75" x 6.75" white card stock, (b)1.75" x 1.75" white card stock, (c)1.75" x 1.75" silver card stock, (d)1.75" x 2.75" white card stock, and (e)1.75" x 3.75" silver card stock. Trim one of (f)2.75" x 3.75".
3. Stamp Denami Designs Angel image on white card stock with Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver and heat emboss with silver pearl embossing powder. Line up Spellbinders Labels Nine and hold in place with repositionable tape. Die cut image. Use Fantastix to color the image with Versa Magic in Pixie Dust, Thatched. Straw, Spring Pansy, Sea Breeze, and Encore Silver.
4. Die cut and pressure emboss silver card stock with the larger Spellbinders Labels Nine.
5. Ink one (a) and (d) sections with an ink dauber and Spring Pansy.
6. On the second (a) stamp the Denami Design Sentiment (also 1998) in Encore Silver and heat emboss with silver pearl embossing powder. Stamp Neato Stuff Stars (1991) in Versa Magic Sea Breeze and Encore Silver above and below the sentiment, and ink around the edges with Encore Silver.
7. On sections (b) and (f) stamp Neato Stuff Stars (1991) in Versa Magic Sea Breeze and Encore Silver, ink around the edges with Encore Silver.
8. Pressure emboss (c) and (e) with Darice Star Border embossing folder.
9. Assemble section of card as illustrated and adhere. The front image is only adhered to the left side of the panel to allow the card to open and close.
|Front view card opened|
Please do stop by and share your holiday day themed project or card with us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge. Remember to use a stamp that is more than 1 year old and please let us know how long it has been in your stash!
Supplies by Imagine Crafts by Tsukinkeo:
· VersaMagic Pixie Dust, Thatched Straw, Spring Pansy, Sea Breeze
· Denami Designs: Angel and sentiment images
· Neato Stuff Background Stars
· Spellbinders Labels Thirty Four
· Darice Star Border
· Miscellaneous: blue, white, and metallic silver cardstock, die cut machine, scoring board.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: