The past two weeks have been difficult in our Central Oregon wrestling community. We had a pre-teen take his own life, and the repercussions have rippled through our area and beyond. His memorial service will be this week and this is the card I will be giving to the parents and surviving siblings. The family was extremely involved with the kids wrestling program as well as the high school program. There have been discussions around our dinner table, including one with our ten year that was age appropriate.
I needed a little time to be creative, and a few challenges really helped kick start the process. We have all been grieving with the family as it is such a tragic loss. We are standing along side them and are supporting them in many ways including Mealtrain, FaceBook posts, and Go Fund Me. It has been good to see the support they have and know that I can be a small part of that circle. Please hug your kids, let them know they are loved! He was very loved and yet made this choice that can not be reversed.
1. The base is cream card stock in 6 Bar size (5” x 6.5”). A strip of 1.75” x 6.5” green card stock from my stash is adhered along the left edge.
2. Spellbinders Labels Thirty-four was die cut and the pressure embossed with Spellbinders Gold Labels Thirty-four and two sizes smaller Labels Thirty-four. The design was highlighted by inking with a sponge dauber and Versa Magic Eggplant ink. The middle of the Labels Thirty four was placed over the edges and the interior of the area was inked with Versa Magic Hint of Pesto.
3. The sentiment by Unity from the . . . beautiful life, blessed memories was stamped on cream card stock in Versa Magic Eggplant and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It was then die cut with Spellbinders Labels Thirty-four and the edges inked with Versa Magic Hint of Pesto.
4. The medium bow from Sizzix Bow Tied was die cut and inked with a sponge dauber and Versa Magic Eggplant before it was shaped add adhered together.
5. The Burlap ribbon (my Sahara sand color in the color challenge) was adhered with glue dots under the areas that are covered by the sentiment label and the paper bow. The layers are adhered to the card front with the top layer raised by dimensional foam adhesive.
Sympathy cards are some of the most difficult to create, as I want to convey so much to those left behind. Thank you for the following challenges and their inspiration!
Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko Supplies
· Spellbinders Labels Thirty-four and Gold Labels Thirty-four
· Sizzix Bow Tied
· Unity . . . beautiful life, blessed memories
· Misc: cream card stock, green card stock, burlap ribbon, die cut machine, heat gun, glue dots, adhesive, dimensional adhesive.