Time for another challenge at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and this time it is Anything Goes! Do stop by the RRBC and check out the Design Team’s lovely creations.
I have been planning this layout for several months and just had not taken the time to get it done! My two boys were adopted from Russia at ages ten and almost four. This layout documents their first Mother’s Day with our family.
Since it was a very special day for me, I wanted to use some of my favorite stamps, dies and papers, Sun Kissed Fleur by Heartfelt Creations. This is the first “I want it all” purchase I made when it was first released in May of 2013. So glad I did as I have really enjoyed using the entire collection. I plan on scrapping this page in triplicate, one for my book and one each for the boy’s albums so I didn’t want to use the paper collection as the background paper. I like how the double-sided papers give you lots of options!
1. Trim two sets of two of accent paper to 3” x 8 ½”, and one set of two to 3” x 8”.
2. Trim gold accent color cardstock to 1” x 12” and die cut with Heartfelt Creations Border Essentials. It can be easily lined up to create a continuous 12” die cut. Add sections of die cut to the short accent papers and to the 5” x 6 ½” focal photo. (Trimmed from a 5” x 7”)
3. Stamp two sets of Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur stamp in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Die cut with Sun Kissed Fleur die. Color with Fantastix brush tip, Ink Potion No. 9, and Memento Luxe in Morocco, Dandelion, and Pear Tart. Shape flowers and leaves and assemble with Dries Clear Glue and add Suze Weinburg’s Mini Mosaics in Cracked Corn to the centers of the flowers.
4. The journal block was cut out from behind where one of the accent papers is mounted and trimmed to 1 3/8” x 6 ½”. The journaling is done in my go to permanent marker, Zig in Hunter Green.
5. Die cut title from gold cardstock with Quickutz (Lifestyle Crafts) Ginger font.
6. Assemble page and adhere in place.
· Heartfelt Creations: Sun Kissed Fleur Paper Collection, die, and stamp set, Border Essentials.
· Quickutz (aka Lifestyle Crafts) Ginger font
· Imagine Crafts: Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy, Memento Luxe-Morocco, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Ink Potion No. 9, Fantastix brush tip
· Zig Permanent maker-Hunter Green, Two-Way Glue
· Suze Weinburg’s Mini Mosaics Cracked Corn
· Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive
· Miscellaneous: Blue cardstock, adhesive, die cut machine, flower shaping kit
Please come play along with us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and enter your own Anything Goes project!
I would like to enter my layout in the following challenges: