For the next fortnight our challenge at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge is Anything But A Card. I created a new composition book for blog note taking. As I create projects I write down thoughts so I can remember what products, stamps, dies, and tools were used. My first one has been in use since October 2014, and it is full so it was time to create a new one.
Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppy collection was perfect for this ABAC project. As I frequently carry my comp book with me it couldn't be too lumpy bumpy so the back is more simple than the front.
1. Select two papers from the collection and trim to 7" x 10". This will be slightly larger than the covers. Line the paper up with the binding edge and adhere with Mod Podge. Place a sheet of freezer paper inside the cover to protect the pages. (Note: Each side will be done in alternate steps.). Set aside to dry.
2. On peach cardstock stamp Blazing Poppy stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black. With a Sponge Dauber add Memento Luxe Morocco to color the center of the flowers. Die cut the flowers. Spritz the back of the flowers with water and shape the flowers. Set aside to dry.
3. Trim the excess paper from the covers with an Exacto knife and ink edges with Memento Luxe Morocco. Add a coat of Mod Podge.
4. Select images from patterned paper collection for the back cover and trim. Die cut both sizes of Heartfelt Creations Decorative Blossom Corners. Adhere with a layer of Mod Podge.
5. Die cut two Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Ovals in coordinating papers. Adhere with a layers of Mod Podge.
6. Die cut Spellbinders Foliage from green patterned paper. Assemble and arrange flowers on front cover and adhere with glue dots and dimensional adhesive to support petal shape. Add Mod Podge to foliage and adhere to front cover. Cover with two more layers of Mod Podge allowing dry time between each.
7. Adhere Sandy Lion Silver washi tape along binding edge to cover paper edge on both back and front covers. Washi should be 12" long so ends will secure inside the covers.
8. Place Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to centers of flowers and add Suze Weinberg's Diamondz in Onyx. Allow to dry overnight and shake off excess.
Heartfelt Creations: Blazing Poppy stamp, die, and paper collection, Decorative Blossom Corner, Eyelet Oval.
Imagine Crafts: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Morocco, Sponge Dauber
Sandy Lion Silver Washi Tape
Plaid Mod Podge
Art Institute Dries Clear
Suze Weinberg's Diamondz Onyx
Misc.: peach cardstock, die cut machine, freezer paper
Please stop by Ruby's Rainbow Challenge and see all the wonderful projects done by the Design Team!
I would like the enter the following challenges: