This fortnight at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges we are highlighting the Magic of Animals with Challenge #121. Stop by the blog and see all of the sweet creations by the Design Team!
I decided that Muzzy of House Mouse fame needed a little inky love. He has been in my collection since 1998, and is perfect for the slightly cute but manly card.
1. The white card stock base is a standard A4 with layers of 4” x 5 1/4” of dark brown card stock and very old Provo Craft patterned paper of 3 5/8” x 4 7/8”. (I was working with my card scrap kit and went with what I had available.)
2. Muzzy is stamped on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black and is colored with Chameleon pens in NU1 Bisque, CG8 Coal Grey, BR2 Hot Cocoa.
3. The Muzzy image and the backing of Provo craft patterned paper are die cut with Spellbinders Labels One. The edges were inked with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa.
4. Technique Tuesday’s Say It—Hugs stamp and die set were used to die cut Kraft card stock and patterned paper outline. After centering the die cut “hugs” on Kraft card stock trimmed to 1” x 4 ¼”, the rest of the sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa. The ends were snipped to create a banner shape and the edges inked with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa.
5. The background layers are adhered, and the sentiment and label is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
Imagine Crafts by Tsukineko: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa
Chameleon Pens: NU1 Bisque, CG8 Coal Grey, BR2 Hot Cocoa
Spellbinders Labels One
House Mouse Designs Muzzy
Technique Tuesday Say It Hugs stamp and die
Misc: White card stock, Kraft card stock, patterned paper, adhesive, dimensional foam adhesive, die cut machine.
I would like to share Muzzy with the following challenges: