I had some down time to sit and create a few Valentine’s Day cards, and decided to play along with a few challenges for the inspiration. I have a nice collection of the musical series from CAS-ual Fridays, and their Music to my Ears challenge was a great starting point. Add in a sketch challenge from Try Stampin’ On Tuesday, and a color challenge from Color Throwdown and away I went.
I started with a chocolate brown cardstock (DCWV) and used the Fri-die Double Notes to emboss the card panel. The edges and embossed sections are distressed with a sanding block. A piece of white cardstock was stamped with Brilliance Rocket Red and the musical staff from the CAS-ual Friday Love Notes stamp set. The edges are just barely inked. A shimmery finish to the vellum was achieved by inking with Memento Lilac Posies and stamping with CAS-ual Friday’s Big Treble sentiment before heat embossing with clear embossing powder. A slightly smaller backing square was added to make sure the sentiment would be readable. The banner is hand-cut and stamped with the sentiment also from the Love Notes stamp set. Inking the edges help define the little banner. The Double Note Fri-die is die cut 4 times. The top die cut is heat embossed with Brilliance Rocket Red and clear embossing powder. The stack is adhered together with On Point Glue.
I had fun playing along with the following challenges: