Monday, October 9, 2017

Stick It Down October Double Page Sketch

What a super fun sketch this month at Stick It Down



I am working through some photos of past years for my now senior in high school.  So with all the circles it was a great sketch for a soccer layout!



The school colors at MVHS are Red and black, so I started with Core'dinations red cardstock for my base.  I have a stash of soccer related scrapbooking supplies so a quick perusal made short work of finding the coordinating embellishments.   I trimmed a single sheet of "It Takes Two" vellum paper of soccer sayings to create the border around the center white cardstock.  Each of the circular photos are die cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Circles dies and backed with black die cuts from the same set.  The center oval is the Grand Spellbinders Oval set.  The larger brads are from a very old Hot of the Press Brad Buddies soccer set, and the smaller soccer balls are from Recollections.  The Laserline die cut title is also many years old, but still absolutely perfect for this layout.  The title at the top is Quickutz Mini Star alphabet.  I find that my Quickutz come in handy!  I avoided added the splatter to the layout as I felt it didn't really fit the theme I choose.  The Goal brad was originally intended for a corner, but red on red didn't seem to work so next to the goal photo it went!  One of the hardest parts of scrapping sport events is pairing down which photos to work with when you literally have hundreds.  I am getting much better at deleting photos soon after the event to avoid the job later! 
 
Come and join us at Stick It Down and play along with any of the sketches all revealed on Oct 2nd.  You have until the end of the month to play along with this sketch - or any of our monthly sketches! We will choose one winner from each sketch challenge to return as a guest designer in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!