Monday, February 5, 2018

Full of Wonder for SID Double Page Team

A few days ago I spent some wonderful time crafting away in my craft cave.  A little flu kept me from fully enjoying time out with my family, but I made the best of things!

I worked with the February sketch for SID:



Additional inspiration came from our collaboration with Scrap the boys:



I really had fun creating this layout for my younger son.  He often goes along on family outings that are centered around his older siblings.  This trip was no exception, but while we were there, Peter and I had a great time playing around the shores of Lake Dillon while his dad and brother were busy sailing in a regatta.


I started with the basic light blue cardstock for the background and scored lines to create the spots for each of the 2 3/4" squares of patterned paper.  I pulled out my scrap bin, the one where I keep all the scraps from previous layouts together and plastic bags.  My primary purpose for this bin is for card making, so all the coordinating scraps stay together.  But for this layout I went looking for the light blues and greens and cut squares from the scraps that were big enough.  I a few cases the ones not quite the right size or missing a corner were placed under the photos.  Knowing that putting a rub-on across several different thicknesses would likely not go well, I placed the Daisy D's rub-on onto a sheet of vellum.  Then it was also easily cut in half to span the two sides.  To follow through on that theme, I printed the journaling on vellum and dried it with a heat gun.  The journaling was cut into strips and all of the vellum was adhered using Xyron adhesive that doesn't show through.  The finishing touches are a few bits of wood veneer from Studio Calico.  I am really pleased with the finished layout and so glad to have it done for Peter's album!



2 comments:

  1. This is another great layout Neva, the photographs a wonderful and I think you create such fantastic keep sakes for your family. They will be able to look back on these remembering the times you have recorded together. :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!