Our first challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog is Drum Roll Please!
The rules are simple, your stamp must be one year or older. You may create what ever you like with your stamped image. Come and join in on the fun and show us what was your first love stamp image.
I purchased my first art stamp at Holiday Bazaar in 1983. I also purchased heat embossing powder that had instructions to use an iron on low setting to melt the powder. Most likely I used a dye-based ink, as pigment inks were not yet on the market. It does not surprise me that my first art stamp is an image of angel; I have collected them for 30+ years! The image is the perfect size for an Artist Trading Card aka ATC, which is a 2.5 x 3.4” format card used for trading with other artists. I have a collection of ATC from conventions and forum ATC trades. It is a really fun way to share a small sample of your art with each other.
|Angel ATC 2.5" x 3.5"|
Supplies: Tsukineko: Encore Purple and Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black, Shimmer Spray Silver, Versa Magic: Pixie Dust, Thatched Straw, Sea Breeze, Spring Pansy; sponge dauber, Fantastix. Hero Arts: Angel image circa 1983; Spellbinders: Label Four; Recollections: Pearl stickers. Misc: Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine, plates, and embossing pad, scissors, tweezers. White card stock, removable tape, adhesive, dimensional foam dots.
1. Trim two pieces of white card stock to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", and one piece of white card stock to 3 3/4" x 4 3/4".
2. Score larger piece along the shorter edge at 1/2", 5/8", 3 1/8", and 3 1/4". Score shorter edge at 1/2", 5/8", 4 1/8", and 4 1/4". Valley fold along all score lines to train folds.
3. Secure Spellbinders Label Four with removable tape and die cut center of frame. Pressure emboss; leave die in place and spritz with Tsukineko Silver Shimmer Spray. Set aside to dry.
4. Stamp Hero Arts Angel image in Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black in the center of the ATC sized card stock.
5. Use Sponge Daubers to swirl Encore Purple and Blue around the image.
6. Use Fantastix and Versa Magic inks to color image.
7. Trim corners of frame and remove inside section of each corner as shown.
8. Adhere one edge of ATC to get proper placement of both sections. Apply dimensional foam dots to corners of the ATC as shown. Adhere remaining edges folding the card stock to make a dimensional frame. Use second ATC sized card stock to back the frame.
9. Adhere Recollections Pearl embellishments.
10. Sign and date the die cut section of the frame and adhere to the back of the ATC.Retro Rubber!