Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Happy 17th Birthday


It is sketch time at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge for the next two weeks.  Sketches are fun because I love seeing the different interpretations of the sketch elements. 


  We recently had a birthday at our home and this is the card I made my son that was inspired by the sketch.  I used some REALLY old stamps and not so old to create this card.

 
1.    Ink Fiskars (2000) Birthday Type with two colors of Imagine Crafts Radiant Neon in Electric Blue and Electric Green.  Stamp on white cardstock and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  This stamp was originally designed to be used with a roller, a little surgery with scissors and I was good to go with just an acrylic block.  Ink the edges with Electric Blue
2.    Die cut two sizes of Spellbinders Stars from white cardstock and pressure emboss with embossing mat.  Ink larger star with Ink Blusher in Electric Green and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Stamp "17" in Electric Blue with Clearsnap Magna Stamp Parisian, from 1992, these really needed some inky love!  Then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Ink edges with Ink Blusher which allows you to get into each corner easily.
3.    Pressure emboss white cardstock with Spellbinders Seth Apter Laser Beams.  Ink diagonal areas alternating Electric Green and Electric Blue.
4.    Use an Ink Blusher to ink the edges of the base card with Electric Green and Electric Blue.
5.    Assemble card and adhere panel and stars with dimensional adhesive.
6.    Stamp Technique Tuesdays Say It Happy "to you" in Electric Blue
Please do stop by the Retro Rubber Blog and check out all of the great cards created by the Design Team!

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Hi Nova,
    what a brilliant, and very bright card.
    The colours are so lovely, and cheerful.
    Fab design also.
    Thank you for joining in the MAWTT Challenge with this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neva: This card is super fun, I love that embossing folder and how you ink it up with this bright, neon colors!! It's so hard to make cards for teen boys, goodness!! I struggle with this but you did a marvelous job on your son's card, from the colors to the design, fun yet perfect for a young man.
    And I laughed at the "little surgery" you did on your sentiment stamp, I think this roller stamps work better flat.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative - great colors and perfect for a teen. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge (and, don't forget we have a DT call going on right now), Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card with a great choice of colours. Thank you for sharing at Moving Along With The Times. Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neva, what a great card! Love how you used the bright colors with the embossing folder and the repeat panel. Bet your son loved this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Neva, you and I totally went down the bright routes with the sketch this time. I love your card and the colour scheme, perfect card for a teenager. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card for any age, but perfect for teens!! I know he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so cool and fresh. Looks like summer fun! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for a teen. I think I'll try to do something like it for my DGS coming up to 15!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card. I love the bright neon colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!