Ah it's fall (or autumn) here in the Northern Hemisphere. We've been enjoying a bit of Indian Summer, and had our first frost of the season 2 nights ago. My dahlias suffered, but I carried in my hanging baskets. Actually for Central Oregon this is really late to have our first frost, so the last few weeks I've been enjoying the longevity of my flower garden including roses that had buds! At any rate we are highlighting the colors of the season at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge for the next two weeks.
For most in the U.S. we celebrate Halloween with black, orange, and white. It just so happens that my Sister-In-Law was born on Halloween and it is her FAVORITE holiday, and she is our favorite witch. So I decided to create a birthday card that also celebrates Halloween just for her.
- A very ancient Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers stamp of the relief of the moon was stamped in Memento Luxe Dandelion and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder.
- I created a circle mask with a Spellbinder's circle die and sponged ink around the moon image. I started with Memento Luxe Dandelion, faded to Morocco, and finally Rhubarb Stalk at the bottom of the card.
- A bit of Memento Luxe Grey Flannel was sponged over the moon and the excess cleaned with a baby wipe from the embossed moon. The moon was a little too yellow, so a tiny bit of StazOn Orange Zest was sponged over the moon.
- The tree image is another stamp that been in my inventory forever, Ann-ticipations trees made in 1996. It's a lovely stamp for fall cards! It is stamped in Memento Luxe Espresso Truffle and Grey Flannel to add some depth.
- The sentiments are from Technique Tuesday Say It Happy. The interior happy is sponged in Memento Luxe Morocco. The sentiments are stamped in Memento Luxe Wedding White and heat embossing in detail white embossing powder. The ampersand is from Technique Tuesday's Say It Hugs from 2013.
- The witch and hat are Cheery Lynn Designs Witch Hunt from 2015. They are die cut from black cardstock as is the outline for the Technique Tuesday's Happy die cut.
I really had fun creating the card, and I am sure my Sister-In-Law will enjoy it! Play along with our Retro Rubber challenge for the end of October. We have several simple rules 1) Use one stamp at least a year old 2) Tell us how long you have had the stamp 3) Enter no more than ten challenges including ours. Simple and fun! Thanks for stopping by!