At any rate, our challenge for the next two weeks over at Retro Rubber is Anything Goes!
This morning was the first time I've had time to sit down at my craft table and create something, and I am very pleased with the results. I was inspired by the challenge listed below.
- This wonderful bit of ribbon was in my scrap ribbon stash and was the starting point for the card.
- The native butterflies are just starting to hatch in our area (my GSD loves to chase them and their shadows), plus butterflies are a favorite of mine anyway. This set is by Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses from 4/2017.
- The background is Kaleidacolor Berry Blaze that is brayered onto Bristol cardstock with a soft rubber brayer.
- The background butterflies are stamped in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black.
- I ended up doing a second go at the background, and then decided the focal butterfly could be stamped on the scrap in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black. (The first stamping of the background butterflies do not go as planned!) The focal butterfly is fussy cut.
- Bristol cardstock is die cut with Spellbinders Mystical Embrace die and then inked with an Ink Dauber in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black.
- The edges of the card base are also inked with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black.
- The ribbon is adhered to the background, then to the base with foam adhesive. The sentiment panel is adhered with foam adhesive as well. The focal butterfly is shaped a bit and adhered with a bit of foam adhesive and glue dots.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please to come by and join our Anything Goes Challenge at Retro Rubber!