It's time for a new summer breeze challenge at Retro Rubber. Do come see all the wonderful summer themed cards the design team has created!
I can think of nothing better than a lazy day walking the beach in the summer, having the cool ocean breeze across my cheeks and the sand between my toes! Now in real life this has only happened on a very rare occasion, as growing up in Kodiak, Alaska the beaches were black sand, the breeze was VERY cool, and it was really too cold be be barefoot. But still I was inspired to make this color layering beach scene birthday card. The main images are all from the Hero Arts Color Layering Waves set from 2019.
- I started with light blue cardstock as the card front. The solid image was stamped at the bottom in Memento Luxe Wedding Dress to make the blue even lighter. Then a layer of Memento Desert sand that I allowed to be a bit "mottled" to resemble the sand of a beach.
- The same solid stamp was turned 180 degrees and stamped in Memento Summer sky.
- The next layer was stamped in Memento Bahama Blue.
- The final ocean layer was stamped in Memento Nautical Blue.
- The bird and sentiment images are from Hero Arts Color Layering Mountains at the Lake. They are stamped in Memento London Fog from 2020.
- The set of four birds is from Pink Fresh Through the Trees 2019.
- The card front is adhered to a printed card base.
This is a really easy clean and simple masculine birthday card that is perfect for my Dad who will be 94 this June. He mostly relaxes at this point, but I think he will enjoy his card.
We have a few simple rules at Retro Rubber. To play along please use at least one stamp that is a year or older and tell us how long you have had the stamp. Enter up to ten challenges including ours. But most importantly give a little inky love to your retro stamps!
As always thanks for stopping by! For my regular readers there is a new way to sign up for email notification of my posts, as feed burner is going away soon. Please sign up in the left hand column. Blessings!