I will admit I did a couple of variations on the theme, and finally decided on this design.
I am a huge angel fan, so many of my Christmas cards feature angels. It is always fun to use the same stamps or dies and create new versions of a card.
- Cheery Lynn Designs Lacey Angel is die cut from red cardstock. I knew I wanted to create a layered card so the angel is adhered to white cardstock and then fussy cut to create a solid white background around the lacey die.
- Spellbinders Opulent Ovals is used to die cut the oval layer which is inked with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy.
- The sentiment by Annette Watkins from about 1997 is stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy on vellum. The vellum is run through a 2.5 Xyron Sticker Maker first then it is then die cut with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles.
- Sizzix Snow Flower embossing folder is used to emboss vellum for the background.
- The layers are carefully adhered to together, the green oval was adhered to the vellum first with dimensional foam adhesive. The adhesive was applied behind the oval on the embossed vellum layer and adhered to the A2 card base. The sentiment vellum sticker is adhered to the oval. The angel is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive to the vellum embossed layer.