Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Color Me! Pansies for Retro Rubber

We have a wonderful summer time color challenge for the next two weeks at Retro Rubber.  Use Purple, yellow and green on your card.  What a fun color combination.  We have a few simple rules:  1)  Use at least one stamp that is more than a year old and in need of inky love 2) Enter no more than 10 challenges including ours. 

 
The inspirational photo guided me to the exact image I wanted to use for this challenge.   It is one in my collection that has remained on it's wood block for sentimental reasons.  The Pansy image from PSX 1993. 
  • The image is stamped in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat embossed in Black Detail Embossing Powder.
  • I tapped a bit of Imagine's Fireworks! on my craft mat and water colored the image.  There is a very pretty shimmer to the images.  I used Dandelion, Tangelo, Grape Jelly, New Sprout, and Bamboo Leaves.
  • The left over was used to color the edges of the mat and the base of the card.  
  • The image and the base layer are both die cut with Stitched Rectangles by Elizabeth Craft Design.  
Easy peasy!  Pansies are a favorite flower of mine because they are a happy flower that will reseed in my Central Oregon Flower beds.  Thanks so much for stopping by and to come join the challenge at Retro Rubber!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!