I used a few inky techniques to create the monochromatic birthday card.
- For the background I inked white cardstock directly with Memento Lulu Lavender then pressure embossed it with Darice's Damask embossing folder. The raised portions were then inked with Memento Sweet Plum. I used painter's tape to mask the center portion and inked the outside edges with Memento Grape Jelly.
- I trimmed strips of cardstock (inked with Lulu Lavender) and then pressure embossed with Cuttlebug's James Embossing Folder set Stripes. The raised portions were inked with Memento Luxe Grape Jelly (pigment vs dye of the regular Memento ink) and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Ribbons are typically shiny so I wanted to have that effect for this card.
- Altenew's Bells and Bows is color layered stamped on white cardstock with Memento Lulu Lavender, Sweet Plum, and Elderberry. To get the shiny effect the entire bow is inked with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- I die cut Spellbinder's Opulent Ovals from white cardstock and then inked the center section with Memento Lulu Lavender. The sentiment by Taylor's Expressions: In and Out Birthday is stamped in Memento Luxe Grape Jelly and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The edges are inked with Memento Luxe Grape Jelly.
- The layers are adhered together with the bow and greeting raised with dimensional foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed the monochromatic card! Create your own Anything Goes project and join us at Retro Rubber!