Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Happy Birthday for Retro Rubber challenge

Retro Rubber Blog Challenge has a great new challenge to play along with for the next two weeks!


I keep a stash of left-over papers and such from scrapbook layouts, then when I need some inspiration I go through and have selections of papers that are already coordinated!  This also helps when I am short on time, or need a little push to get started with the creative process.  



In this case I used a few scraps from the Fancy Pants Designs Like Father Like Son collection. 
  • One side of Little Tike is trimmed to fit the front of a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.  
  • The other side is die cut with My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles.  This is a die I just had to have during the Black Friday sales last year.  I love the extra little texture it adds to this card without over-powering the patterned paper.
  • Light blue cardstock is stamped in Memento Paris Dusk with Ms. Sparkle & Co Happy Birthday purchased at Joanns in March of 2017.  This simple $1.99 has seen a lot of use!  It is then die cut with a smaller die from My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles
  • I selected three button from my stash and threaded ribbon through one, craft thread through the second, and craft twine through the third. 
This card was quick and easy to create and has a nice masculine feel with the blues and greens.  Please do join us at Retro Rubber and create your own project that includes buttons and bows!  Remember to use a stamp that is at least a year old and include the age, and only enter up to ten challenges including ours.  

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty design and I love the wonderful papers and colors used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Neva, I agree that this has a great masculine feel to it - funny I always use those stitched wonky dies for male cards!! Claire x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!