I had so many photos to work with, twelve to be exact, so I wanted the focus of the layout to be the photos. The photos are taken by iFly along with a video of our flights. The videos are much more impressive, but you can't scrapbook videos!
- I choose one photo of each person's flight to leave as a 4" x 6"image. The others are trimmed down to 3" x 3". All the corners are rounded with a Fiskars punch that has 3 different diameters, I used the smallest one here. I decided that rounded corners would make the alignment a little less tricky, and I was right!
- I actually drew a design on scratch paper to determine placement of both the photos and the red and blue alternating blocks.
- The red and blue cardstock is trimmed to 3" x 3" as well, with all the corners rounded. The red is Bazzill Red Hearts, the blue is of unknown origin.
- I made this layout in triplicate, and decided that computer printed journaling strips would be ideal. I wrote the journaling in a word document and formatted it in three columns. This worked perfectly for the sizing to fit inside the color blocks. The journaling on blue blocks is inked in Delicata Ruby Red, and on the red blocks they are inked in VersaColor Indigo.
- I saved the iFly emblem from the photos I had trimmed earlier and ended up with three for each layout.
- The title is Quickutz Honey and Honeybee, they are complementary fonts, but not exactly upper and lower case.
- The backing is white Core'dinations cardstock, but you obviously can't see much of that!
Thanks so much for stopping by!