Sunday, February 10, 2019

MVHS Wrestling

Now that my design team commitments are a bit less I've gotten back to scrapbooking a few events that have been my to do list for awhile!


This is a layout about my son's Freshman year in High School Wrestling Season.  Wrestling is an interesting sport to photograph, as there can be many odd body positions and the lighting and speed of the action can be difficult to say the least!   I picked a few of my favorite photos to highlight, mostly where he is dominating the match!
  • Darice Black Large Dot is used for the background.
  • Karen Foster Design--Take Down paper features wrestlers in different poses.  I trimmed a section that showed two vertical rows.
  • Darice Red Strip is trimmed to 3/4" 12" and then die cut with Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp.  These are placed behind the Karen Foster Take Down paper and adhered to the layout.
  • Darice Red Plaid is trimmed to 7" x 12" and adhered to the right side of the layout.  
  • From the same sheet another section is trimmed to 5" x 7" to continue the pattern on the left side.  This is possible when the paper design is multi-directional like the plaid paper is.
  • Frankie Classic and Shadow used to die cut the title.  I found some soft grey paper in my stash that was a good match for color. 
  • The journaling is printed out from a word document and trimmed into strips.  The edges are sanded to bring out the white core and help the journaling stand out on the layout.
I learned a little trick accidentally while doing this layout.  I printed the photos more than a year ago, but was still able to identify where each photo was taken!  I import my photos into Photoshop Elements and edit for size and to optimize the photo quality.  When I saved each photo I labelled it with the name of the event.  Low and behold Costco printed the label of the photo on the back!  Such a deal, I will remember this for future projects as it surely made journaling this layout super easy rather than having to go back and search through my photo library and line up the dates from more than four year ago.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layout and I am sure this will be a great way to record the memories of the Wrestling activity.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!