Sunday, February 17, 2019

Washing the Dress Tone on Tone layout

I have been a member of a scrapbooking forum, 2peasrefugees, for several years.  In the past year it has become more active in posting challenges for members and creating teams for a fun competition.  Challenges always spark my creativity.  I just found these photos in an flip album, and decided it was time to scrap a layout to record the memory from 15 years ago.  The challenge was to create a layout that is tone on tone.  Since my photos were of a white dress in a white tub, it was fun to use this technique to create a girly girl layout.



  • I have several collections of ancient Provo Craft paper, Soft Watercolors is one that is at least 18 years old or older.  It is also lightweight so layering 3 papers together does not add much thickness or weight to the page.  I used Pomegranate, Buttercream, Soft Moss, Stonewashed Denim, and Heritage Plum.  I started with random widths to fill the left page moving to the right.  The Stonewash Denim is purposefully the width to frame the 5" x 7" photo.  
  • The first half of the title is Thickers Black Tie, White Velvet.  The "dress" is DYI Thickers that I just had to have several years ago and then never used.  The letters are covered with seed pearl beads and a bit of iridescent glitter.  
  • I went through my collection of Prima flowers and selected ones that would create the tone on tone effect.  These are topped with miscellaneous brads.  
  • I also found a few die cuts, a corrugated heart and mat board heart.  Another ancient embellishment, a slide frame is also put to use.
  • The slide frame has a Technique Tuesday sentiment Live, Laugh, Love stamped in Versa Color Smoke Blue. 
  • The mat board heart is stamped with Memento Luxe Rhubarb and a Studio G stamp set.
  • MSPCI line of dies Live, Laugh, Love is used to to die cut white cardstock to decorate the corrugated heart.
  • A few more brads from my collection are added to the layout.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!