We have a great sketch for you this month at Stick It Down, come play along with us!
My younger son played football for the first time last fall. He didn't get a great deal of playing time and when he did play it wasn't always easy to get good photos in late afternoon light from across a football field. So I only had a few photos that were scrapbook worthy and this sketch was perfect for the few I did print.
Digging through my stash I found great sports related papers and embellishments. I also made a few purchases online from Consumer Crafts to have a selection of patterned papers in appropriate school colors. All three of my kids will go to the same Middle School and High School, so having multiples is a good plan!
· The background is Recollections silver cardstock. It is also used for the title .
· Darice Dark Blue Plaid is the layered cardstock trimmed to 10 1/2" x 12".
· The football field paper is from a 20 year old 8 1/2" x 11" paper book by Hot Off the Press, a good reason to hang on to your ancient paper stash as it fit perfectly for this theme and sketch!
· The football words paper is by Essentially Yours Sports designed by Stephanie Carpenter for A2Z. It is trimmed to 5 1/2" x 12".
· I had some 10 year old rub-ons by Creative Imaginations that worked amazing well. Football by Danelle Johnson for Art House. I used them to create the semi-circle design. I am super pleased that they worked so well and really added to the design and theme,
· A Deluxe Cuts football die cut finished the sketch embellishments.
· The title is Quickutz Abigail as is the sub title.
· I completed the layout by journaling on strips. The strips are edged in Memento Paris Dusk for a finished look.
I hope that you enjoyed my more masculine interpretation of Stick It Down's sketch for February. Come play along with us. We also have a card sketch and single page sketch every month.