Our color challenges this year are inspired by the recent decades, this time we are featuring the 60's. What fun color combos at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. Do come see what the design team has come up with this Groovy Challenge!
With all the illness going around it was time to for a humorous get well card! It features a set from Technique Tuesday, Funny Fruits from 2018. I figured a bright yellow banana would be perfect for the color scheme. I used a very old sketch from Sheetload of Cards back from June 2019.
- After searching through my scrap papers for all the layers including the patterned papers I trimmed each to layer to fit the sketch. I added an extra layer, the green so three colors in the challenge would be represented.
- The green layer is 4" x 5.25", the orange patterned paper (ancient paper slab by My Mind's Eye) is 3.75"x 5", the orange cardstock is 3.25" x 4", and the yellow patterned paper is 3" x 3.25.
- A 2" is trimmed and then punched with the Paper Studio Fish Tail Punch.
- The layers are adhered together as shown.
- The banana and face is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Blank and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder. It is colored with Prisma colored pencils in Canary Yellow, and Deco Yellow for a bit of shading. The banana is die cut with the coordinating die and adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
- The sentiment is stamped in VersaFine Onyx black and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder.
- I pulled out my trusty Lawn Fawn Cuts Everyday Sentiment Banners to die cut the sentiment with a fish tail. The other end was trimmed so to the sentiment would line up under the banana and with the edge of the backing orange cardstock.
To be honest I would not have put these colors together if it had not been for this challenge. I believe they all compliment each other nicely! Please do join our challenge over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and have a little fun with 60's themed colors.
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. Use keyword RRCB179. No backlinking.
- Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment. Thank you for understanding.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.