The best color match came from the Whistlin' Dixie line, of which I had VERY little left!
- Fortunately I still had in my stash a sheet of 106 which was great for the background.
- A strip of 103 left over from another project is trimmed to 3/4" x 6" selecting the the dark red colors that help build a visual triangle.
- Far and Away 103 has muted colors that are very close and provide a backdrop to the photos. It is trimmed to 5 1/2" x 9" and inked Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Banana Bliss. Banana Bliss is from the newly released Retired Colors Ink Set.
- Ribbon is placed 1 1/2" from the left edge to anchor the layout.
- A saying from Whistlin' Dixie is backed with a scrap from 106. All edges are inked with Banana Bliss. Just a touch of color to add depth.
- Three ribbons are trimmed to about 3" and folded. Small holes are punched to put the brads through and into the edge of the title block.
- The second part of the title block is die cut from black cardstock in a font that is VERY close to the one of the printed saying!
- Since I was working with scraps from 106, I choose to punch out photo corners for the parts of the photos that were not layered in the layout. They are adhered after inking the edges with Banana Bliss. I think the little pops of color add a bit more to the visual triangle.
- The journaling is printed onto a section of 106 as well. Typically I use removable adhesive to place the journaling block on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" to run through my printer. Banana Bliss is used to ink the edges here too.
I hope you enjoy the little story. Both my nieces and my older son have their own chipped tooth story, so I know this is not uncommon at all! Just very thankful for great dentists! I also wanted to demonstrate how it is possible to create a very interesting layout with the last bits of a collection with an add-on from another collection. This entire layout used just one complete sheet and less than three-quarters of a sheet of scraps.
Quick Quotes Products
Whistlin' Dixies (sadly now discontinued)
Retired Colors Ink Set Banana Bliss
Brads from Club Q June Kit
Ribbons by Offray
Corner Punch by EK Success
CK Typist font by Quickutz
Thanks so much for stopping by Quick Quotes today for a little dose of inspiration!