Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Amazing AND Clumsy for Quick Quotes

Hello Quick Quotes fans! Neva here to share a one page layout of an event that I am sure almost every parent has had the opportunity to experience, or at least knows someone who has! Last fall my son chipped both front teeth while on a camp-out with his Boy Scout troop. Yikes! So with just two photos and a customized add-on to a Quick Quotes saying I had a super quick layout done in a jiffy!


The best color match came from the Whistlin' Dixie line, of which I had VERY little left!  
  • Fortunately I still had in my stash a sheet of 106 which was great for the background.
  • A strip of 103 left over from another project is trimmed to 3/4" x 6" selecting the the dark red colors that help build a visual triangle.
  • Far and Away 103 has muted colors that are very close and provide a backdrop to the photos.  It is trimmed to 5 1/2" x 9" and inked Powder Puff Chalking Ink in Banana Bliss.  Banana Bliss is from the newly released Retired Colors Ink Set. 
  • Ribbon is placed 1 1/2" from the left edge to anchor the layout.
  • A saying from Whistlin' Dixie is backed with a scrap from 106.  All edges are inked with Banana Bliss.  Just a touch of color to add depth. 
  • Three ribbons are trimmed to about 3" and folded.  Small holes are punched to put the brads through and into the edge of the title block.
  • The second part of the title block is die cut from black cardstock in a font that is VERY close to the one of the printed saying!
  •  Since I was working with scraps from 106, I choose to punch out photo corners for the parts of the photos that were not layered in the layout.  They are adhered after inking the edges with Banana Bliss.  I think the little pops of color add a bit more to the visual triangle.

  • The journaling is printed onto a section of 106 as well.  Typically I use removable adhesive to place the journaling block on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" to run through my printer.  Banana Bliss is used to ink the edges here too. 

I hope you enjoy the little story.  Both my nieces and my older son have their own chipped tooth story, so I know this is not uncommon at all!  Just very thankful for great dentists!  I also wanted to demonstrate how it is possible to create a very interesting layout with the last bits of a collection with  an add-on from another collection.  This entire layout used just one complete sheet and less than three-quarters of a sheet of scraps.






Quick Quotes Products
Whistlin' Dixies (sadly now discontinued)
Retired Colors Ink Set Banana Bliss
Brads from Club Q June Kit

Other Products
Ribbons by Offray
Corner Punch by EK Success
CK Typist font by Quickutz

Thanks so much for stopping by Quick Quotes today for a little dose of inspiration! 
~Neva 

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!