Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Happy Birthday Superstar for Retro Rubber

Wow, I don't know about you, but where I am it has been really hot the last week or two!  Thankful for air conditioning for sure!  So it is nice to stay inside for awhile and enjoy my craft cave.  We have a fantastic tic tac toe board for our challenge these two weeks.  Join the fun!






To be honest, I am just coming off almost a month break from crafting . . . we had our annual trip to EAA AirVenture in Wisconsin with plenty of adventures.  Once home we had tons of other real life stuff to do as well.  So glad a tiny bit of creative mojo showed up to kick start the creation of this card.



I choose the die cut/washi tape/masculine row to put together this super quick birthday card.  I knew I had a "Superstar" sentiment from the Golden Moments set by Maryanne Wise of Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps.  It dates back to 2003.  I also had some cool washi tape from Queen & Co that featured stars so that decided my color choices, now I was off and running.  The sentiment actually says superstar kid, but I masked out the kid for this application.  Hero Arts It's Your Day from 2015 provided the "Happy Birthday" and the inside sentiment shown below.  The images are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, and then I choose the correct size of Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small to die cut the sentiment.   The lime green cardstock was die cut with Cascading Stars by Donna Salazar for Spellbinders.  I also die cut a few blue stars to fit into the frame of stars.  The second strip of washi is also by Queen & Co.

 The inside of the card features a few more of the stars and star frames.  What a great way to finish off the card, use what didn't get used on the front!

Come and join us at Retro Rubber and play along with this great tic tac toe board.  Just remember that we ask for at least one stamp that is more than one year old along with it's age and no more that 10 challenges including ours.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you've used a bright, crisp green with a rich blue -it's such a fun combination. Lovely work, Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, love this colorful and starry card, those die cuts are awesome.
    Beautiful take on the challenge.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Neva, totally perfect for a guy card. Love that interlocking star die..it's gorgeous. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neva, love those neon colors stars, really makes your card pop. You have a great day too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!