Monday, August 6, 2018

Promposal for Stick It Down

This event may have happened last spring, but the photos of my son's Promposal and him leaving for Prom were a great match for this three photo double page sketch from Stick It Down this month. 

I really like how the layout came together with a few sheets of vintage specialty paper and glitter cardstock!


About 10 years ago or so Costco used to carry some scrapbooking supplies.  They had several packages of specialty paper in the usual Costco quantities.  My mother, sister, and I bought the sets and split them between the three of us, so we had 2 sheets each of the paper.  Both the red mulburry with gold embossed dots, and the white with black flocked leaf patterns are from this era.  I used the EK Success Star border punch across the top of the black card stock then  backed it with Paper Studiot's Gold Glitter cardstock.  Additional stars were die cut with Spellbinder's Stars S4-092 and with the same Star Border and adhered to the top of the layout.  Even close up it is difficult to tell which layers are on top and which is under!  The title is die cut using Quickutz Emily font from the glitter cardstock.  All of the glitter cardstock was run through a Xyron to add adhesive before I die cut the stars or title.  Makes it much easier to adhere to the finished layout.


A close up of the title, it adhered really nicely to the mulberry paper and cardstock, and has enough sparkle to really stand out!


A close up of the border and the different specialty papers.  I knew I was "saving" these papers for a special layout, and they worked so wonderfully together for this one!  You will be seeing some of the same when I scrap the photos of my son and his girlfriend taken at the park later that evening!

Thanks for stopping by and do have some fun with our August sketch from Stick It Down!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout and wonderful photos of some very beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!