Here we are soon to wrap up 2020! Over at Retro Rubber we are celebrating birthdays with our challenge. So for the next two weeks come and play along! Our rules are simple 1) Use a stamp that is at least a year old that needs inky love 2) tell us about the age of said stamp 3) Enter up to ten challenges including ours 4) You may enter our challenge up to three times.
Since snow is falling, in all honesty it's mixed with rain, I thought a winter birthday card would be in order. Plus I have a niece who is big into the outdoor sports including snowboarding so I thought a snowflake themed card would be fun and feminine.
- A quick search in my vellum stash I found the perfect light blue vellum. It is pressure embossed with Darice Snowflake background.
- Tried and true Spellbinders Create a Flake One and Three provided the die cuts. They are also pressure embossed and then inked through the die with Versa Color Mountain Lake to high light the snowflake shape.
- Taylored expressions In & Out Birthday from Sept 2014 provides the sentiment. It is stamped in Versa Color Mountain Lake. The corners are rounded with the WeR Memory Keepers corner punch. I like this punch because you can choose three different curves for the corners. The panel is edged in Versa Color Mountain Lake.
- I adhered the snowflakes and sentiment with dimensional adhesive THEN wrapped the American Crafts color hemp around the snowflakes. It seemed a little easier than trying to glue down the hemp cord!
- All the layers are adhered to the front of a standard A2 card.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Please do come by Retro Rubber and play along with us! We love seeing you in our gallery!