We have a great sketch at Retro Rubber for the challenge for the next two weeks! Super easy to put together a CAS Christmas card!
This year I have been creating Christmas cards throughout the year . . . and often from scraps from completed layouts! The patterned paper I used is My Mind's Eye I Believe from 2010! So the paper is older than my stamp set, Recollections Christmas words and die set purchased last December, 2020.
- I simply followed the sketch for a A2 sized card. The base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", the red print backing is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".
- Three strips of coordinating patterned paper are trimmed to 4" x 1 1/4" and adhered.
- The sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk and heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder. (The candy cane strip also has some glitter that is hard to see in the photo.)
- The sentiment is die cut with the matching die. To be honest, next time I will use my Scan N Cut as the dies and stamps do not seem to match up well. the sentiment is adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Two wood stag deer are adhered for embellishment. They are from a set of Christmas embellishments made by Docrafts that I have had in my stash for about 4 years!
Easy Peasy and ready to post for Christmas! We do have a few guidelines for Retro Rubber:
- We require stamps older than one year. If we feel you are using newer stamps, you may be disqualified from the challenge without notification.
- New papers/dies are OK – but you must use at least one stamp older than a year and describe the age in your blog post.
- Please note that all challenges require the use of at least one stamp older than a year.
- Post your new creation to your blog or online gallery. Use keyword RRCB171. No backlinking.
- Link back to the blog using the Linky Tools by the due date.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Feel free to combine our challenge with a maximum of 10 challenges. Entries linked to more than 10 challenges will be disqualified without notification.
- If your project is posted on a private group site such as Split Coast Stampers or a photo sharing site not all DT members may be able to comment. Thank you for understanding.
- Turn off Word Verification. We love to comment but word verification can make that difficult.
Do come and check out what the design team has created and enter you own card based in the sketch! Thanks for stopping by!