Thursday, February 21, 2019

Two Teeth Lost


I like to scrap events and often prefer two page layouts.  So I decided to use the sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap  February's challenge and rotate the design 90° counter clockwise to make a complementary right side page. Consequently I moved the title placements around.


  • I started with a base of Bazzill navy cardstock and layered Recollections Kraft cardstock trimmed to 11" x 11" and rounded the corners. 
  • I had two sheets from the Fancy Pants Like Father Like Son collection, Stud Muffin and Little Tike that worked great with the colors in the photos.  I used both A and B sides to get all the patterns included in the design for the sketch.
  • Stars are die cut with Spellbinders Stars and are backed with navy from the center of that base page.
  • I wanted to play along with a challenge at 2peasrefugees and pulled out all my coordinating buttons.   (Fancy Pants Designs, SEI and misc other buttons were used.)  I don't like naked buttons, so I took the time to thread navy twine or Darice hemp cord through all the button holes.
  • The title is die cut from navy cardstock using Quickutz CK Typist and Honey fonts.
  • With a longer title and self explanatory photos I used Becky Higgins Date Stamp and Memento Pistachio ink and called it done.
Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your comments.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Sketch-n-Scrap February sketch

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout and I am sure if I recall from my own childhood that this was always a big deal. Good way to preserve the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you made the sketch into a double page layout! Such an adorable layout too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great 2-page layout. I can really appreciate all of the time that went into this. Lots of die cuts and paper pieces. Super job! Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This double page spread from the same sketch looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you used the sketch for a two-pager!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!