I am playing along with the sketch from Sketch-n-scrap:
- All the papers (except one) are from the Basic Grey Oliver collection; Tyson, Drake, Aidan, and Joey are used on the layout.
- To create the border, I used some ancient Mrs. Grossman's Stickers by the Yard in Black.
- The center is trimmed to 10" x 10".
- The red strip is trimmed to 3/4" x 11" and pressure embossed with a single line of dots using the embossing folder by Cuttlebug, Daisy Border. I had tried stamping in white ink and did not like the look, I think this is just the right amount of distressed look to coordinate with the papers.
- The journaling is done on Scenic Route's Grid Outline on White with Zig Antique Burgundy. I also ran the pen around the outside edge to give it a bit of definition. I also used a few rub-on letters (unknown origin), for the "Yeah!".
- The little label for the date is a Quickutz die, and I added two enamel dots from Echo Park Jungle Safari collection.
- The title is Quickutz Frankie Classic and Mini. I think it is kind of fun to used both sizes and used two colors for the title.
- A few Basic Grey Oliver Elements Stickers complete the embellishments.
Oh, yes! I am sure they would not forget that time at all but having it shown in your beautiful layouts is so fantastic!ReplyDelete
This is super cute!! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!ReplyDelete
Such a great layout! Love the title - there's been a couple of years when my kids were in school that make up snow days made the year seem so long! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!ReplyDelete
Definitely an occasion worth documenting!! Great layout. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.ReplyDelete
Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.ReplyDelete
Congrats! You were chosen as our February Featured Scrapper at Sketch N Scrap- look for our March 3rd blog post to see your feature! Thanks for inspiring us last month at Sketch N Scrap!ReplyDelete