I choose the row that included Blue, Birthday, and Textured Embossing. I got a little carried away with the textured embossing!
- The base card is an A7 blank from Recollections, always a great size to work with!
- DCWV blue cardstock is pressure embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing folder Polka Dots. The surface is sanded to bring out the texture and show a bit of the white core.
- From my scrap collections for making cards I found a group of blue papers that are probably 18 or more years old. They are by Hot Off The Press I believe. Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Five is used to die cut and pressure emboss the panel for the sentiment in the green-blue color.
- The sentiment is by Ms. Sparkle & Co Paperie is named Happy Birthday Stamps. I purchased it from a bargain bin at Joann's in March 2017. It is stamped in Memento Luxe Wedding White and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- A section of blue is trimmed and punched with an EK Success border punch and placed behind the multi-colored strip of paper.
- Small pennants are die cut from the blue paper with Spellbinders Nested Pennants and then pressure embossed with Quickutz Sparkles embossing die. I still have a small collection of these dies and they are perfect for pressure embossing small patterns. The paper is sanded as well to show the embossed pattern more clearly.
- The pennants seemed to blend into the background so I decided to die cut white cardstock with Spellbinders Nested Lacy Pennants to back the blue pennants. I think it worked nicely!
- The pennants are adhered together over a length of white fiber, before being adhered to the card front.
I am pleased with the textures and layers of this blue birthday card! Why don't you try your hand at the Tic Tac Toe at Retro Rubber and play along with us! We have a few simple rules: 1) Use at least one stamp that is older than a year (tell us how old it is), give it some inky love and 2) Enter only up to ten challenges including Retro Rubber. Thanks so much for playing along!
I am delighted to enter the following challenges: