Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Another wrestling layout, Adrian Irwin Tourney

I have too many wrestling photos to even count.  When you are a wrestling mom you look for the great shots and have your camera set on multi-frame mode.  Suffice it to say I have thousands of photos.  For my older son's senior year I decided to make a layout for each major even rather that one highlight layout for the season.  So you might see a few more in this spot in the future . . . .


I am still playing along with a few challenges over at 2Peasrefugees, and this layout is a scraplift of another member's layout.  The Adrian Irwin Memorial Wrestling Tournament is held at another local high school, and their wall pads are purple.  So I choose to go with black and white and leave the red in the photos.  
  • Darice Black Large Dot serves as the background cardstock.
  • I printed the photos on the left as two 5" x7" and butted them together.  The group is backed with black and white cardstock.
  • The photo in the right is 4" x 6" and is also backed with black and white cardstock.  I made the outside frame slightly larger.
  • The journaling was completed in the computer then also backed with black and white cardstock.
  • I recently found a really fun Studio G stamp and die set at Joanns, but the images were really too small to stand on their own.  Digging through my rubber stamp collection I found a few more to complement the layout.  Congrats (Grad), Seal Companon, and Game On all by Technique Tuesday were used along with #1 by Hampton Art.  All the images are stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black.  The circles are die cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and the fishtail ribbons are hand trimmed.  
  • Quickutz's Tangerine with Shadow is used for the title.  
  • It took several tries to create the wrestling mats across the bottom.  Turns out the simplest way was the look I was trying to achieve.  (My husband, always a decent critic didn't like my first two attempts in the least, but truth be told neither did I!)  I have my Grandfather's Drafting Compass that I used to create the circle.  I taped a Sakura Gelly Roll white pen to one leg of the compass and drew 3" and .75" diameter circles on black cardstock trimmed to 4" x 4".  I also figured out is was easier to get a smooth line if I moved the paper and not the compass!  The finished product was trimmed to slightly different sizes to go along the bottom border.
Thanks for checking out yet another wrestling layout!  I will be taking a short break from scrapping wrestling events and try a few other themes for awhile!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!