Thursday, February 28, 2019

Let's Fly

Last November we decided that part of Peter's birthday gift would be a trip to the indoor skydiving vertical wind tunnel in Portland.  The facility is named iFly, and it is an absolutely incredible experience.  We highly recommend the investment to spend some time flying!


I had so many photos to work with, twelve to be exact, so I wanted the focus of the layout to be the photos.  The photos are taken by iFly along with a video of our flights.  The videos are much more impressive, but you can't scrapbook videos! 
  • I choose one photo of each person's flight to leave as a 4" x 6"image.  The others are trimmed down to 3" x 3".  All the corners are rounded with a Fiskars punch that has 3 different diameters, I used the smallest one here.  I decided that rounded corners would make the alignment a little less tricky, and I was right!
  • I actually drew a design on scratch paper to determine placement of both the photos and the red and blue alternating blocks. 
  • The red and blue cardstock is trimmed to 3" x 3" as well, with all the corners rounded.  The red is Bazzill Red Hearts, the blue is of unknown origin. 
  • I made this layout in triplicate, and decided that computer printed journaling strips would be ideal.  I wrote the journaling in a word document and formatted it in three columns.  This worked perfectly for the sizing to fit inside the color blocks.  The journaling on blue blocks is inked in Delicata Ruby Red, and on the red blocks they are inked in VersaColor Indigo
  • I saved the iFly emblem from the photos I had trimmed earlier and ended up with three for each layout.  
  • The title is Quickutz Honey and Honeybee, they are complementary fonts, but not exactly upper and lower case. 
  • The backing is white Core'dinations cardstock, but you obviously can't see much of that!  
 With the bright colors and busy photos, this layout represents our memory of the time at iFly in an extraordinary way.  Greg and I agreed that the euphoria high of flying was amazing, and there was a bit of a let down the next day.  That just means we will go again . . . and I guaranteed that by buying more time while we were still at iFly!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time and with these scrap pages you will often look at them and recall that wonderful adventure again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!