Monday, March 4, 2019

DMC Wrestling Season Double Page Layout for Stick It Down

We have a great quick double page sketch for the month of March at Stick It Down, one that I used to create a layout about my son's most recent club wrestling season.


Club wrestling runs before the Middle School wrestling, and helps our wrestlers prep and have an opportunity to compete with different kids.


I have a number of wrestling themed papers that I mixed and matched for this layout.
  • I trimmed two sections of 4" x 12" from On the Mat Coaches Call by Moxxie and layered the across the bottom of the layout.
  • Both sides of Wrestling Life Paper 5a by Scrapbook Customs are used to create the top of the sketch.  The strips are trimmed to 3/4" x 12" so that the design matches.
  • I wanted embellishments that worked for these wrestling photos and looked everywhere for a stamp or additional stickers to no avail!  So a search of the internet for free non-copyright clip art yielded a few choices.  The clip art is sized, printed on white cardstock, fussy cut, and colored with Prisma colored pencils to add detail and depth.
  • Journaling is done in Zig Writer in Black.
  • Tangerine Classic and Shadow by Quickutz is used for the title to die cut red and black cardstock.
That is all there was to it!  Quick as well as clean and simple, sometimes that is just what the photos call for in a layout.  This is a fantastic sketch for the month, we also have single page and card sketches to play along with at Stick It Down.  Come and join us!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!