Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Turning Eleven

I decided to work with a challenge that required using paper scraps and using up a sticker sheet.  The paper and stickers are left over from It's Your Day layout about my younger son's eleventh birthday. The color scheme is very similar but the two layouts are totally different!


The collection is from 2010 by Basic Grey named Life of the Party.

  • I selected two coordinating colors to the paper collection that turned out to be orange and green, complementary colors.
  • The scraps of striped paper left over from the first layout were adhered together to form a section that was about 5" x 12".  
  • Spellbinders Hexagons were used to die cut the shapes.
  • The title is die cut from the orange cardstock using Quickutz's Blossom font.
  • Spellbinders Nested Pennants are die cut from the green cardstock.
  • The photos are backed with the same green cardstock.
  • To be honest I moved the hexagons around the page to fit the title and the fun stickers before sticking everything down.  
  • I still had a few presents left over as well that could be fussy cut to line the bottom of one photo.
  • The journaling is done in Zig Writer Blue Jay.  Turns out the blue doesn't really show up much as blue on orange cardstock.
This is a really busy time for our family when the photos were taken.  We had purchased a new home and started moving the day before my son's birthday.  So a party at home wasn't in the cards, but a simple dinner out at his favorite fast food restaurant was a perfect fit.  

Thanks for stopping by, you comments are always appreciated!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!