Monday, March 25, 2019

Fourth Grade Memories

If you have been scrapbooking for awhile like I have, you undoubtedly have a few page kits in your stash.  I've made it a goal to use up these wonderful gems, and here is an example that features a kit from embellish it! from 2013 with a few changes.

  • The kit features Simple Stories 24/7 including Red Tweed Calendar, Good Stuff, and Journaling Card Elements.
  • The Journaling Card Elements are trimmed apart and used as embellishments through the layout.
  • Cast Away Lazer Cork "Memories" was part of the kit, as were the mini film strip, twine and buttons.  I used the twine on one of the journal card elements that is cut apart into journal strips.  I also added some red craft thread to the buttons for little bows.  I don't like empty button holes!
  • The additional title words are DCWV Cork Stack die cut with Quickutz Frankie.
  •  Another plus of journal cards?  They can be used to journal a layout!
This kit was designed for four photos, but with a little creative use of the journal card elements I was able to pull off a cohesive layout.  Another layout complete for my son's album!  Thank you for leaving a comment when you stop by, they are always encouraging!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!