Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Dogs by Sergey

Doctor Suess' birthday is this month, so it is great time to scrapbook about books!  This layout is about a book my son wrote in fourth grade.

Both of my sons are adopted from Russia, and he completed his book project about 6 months after he came home to the US.  Our older son still used his Russian name, but changed his choice just a few months later.  Both our oldest, my husband's daughter and our son had the same fourth grade teacher.  They did the same project four years apart.  So this layout is not just about a school event, but the parallels between the two kids.

I have a great collection from My Mind's Eye, Academy by Jen Wilson that is subtlety glittered and has a bit of grunge feel.  Combining several patterned papers from this collection and two colors of coordinating cardstock pulled together a cohesive double page layout.


  • Four sections Burnt Red cardstock are trimmed to 1/2" x 12" to break up the pattern between the large polka dots and the glittered stripes.  
  • The striped pattern is trimmed to 1" x12" and 2" x 12".
  • The center Sage Green cardstock is trimmed to 5" x 12".
  • The title is die cut fro the Burnt Red cardstock using Just a Note by Sizzix.
  • Journaling is done in Zig Writer.
  • A few dog themed brads by Around the Block are added by the title.
  • I still wanted to add a bit more, so two Brackets #1 by Plain Janes Deluxe Designs were inked up with Red Brick Versa Magic.  
Even though the photos aren't the best, I am pleased with the final layout.  Another memory preserved.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy my little creative space!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!