Friday, March 29, 2019

Fishing at Wizard Falls

This was a fun layout to create, one that used old school die cuts from my stash.  


I had some really sweet photos of the children's fishing day at Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery.  I remembered I had a rod and reel in my die cut stash from back in the day when we would buy die cuts . . . before all of the chemical etched dies came on the market.  The trees were most likely die cut from a steel-rule die at a Local Scrapbook Store.  Remember when we would buy the paper and stand at their die cut station and die cut multiples for future use?  That time is finally now, about 18 years or so later?  
  • The water and shore is trimmed and punch with the EK Success bubble edge punch.  
  • I used Square Pastels to add dimension and depth all of the cardstock.
  • Delicata Silvery Shimmer is used on the reel part of the die cut.  
  • White craft thread is adhered to the back side of the rod and adhered with rolled up glue dots to the page.
  • The title was rather long so I decided to print it out on vellum to be adhered to the layout.  (I made a duplicate of this layout, one for each boy's album.)
  • Journaling is written in Zig Chocolate Dual Tip pen.
My husband really likes the whimsical wonky trees and the fishing rod and reel.  It is one of his favorite layouts for the month.  I hope you enjoy my stepping into an old style layout!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it was a fun time. So nice the way you have preserved the memory of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!