Friday, March 22, 2019

Butterflies at High Desert Museum

Did you know that March 14th was National Learn About Butterflies Day?  I didn't finish this layout in time to post it on March 14th, but still want to share our fun experience from a few years back.

Since many of the butterflies that photographed well in the exhibit had orange coloration, I choose orange cardstock for the background.

  • The border along the bottom is Spellbinder's Butterfly card front.  The die is designed to be continuous, but great care must be taken to line up the design.  I die cut 3 1/2" x 12" sections from white cardstock to create the border. 
  • Cuttlebug Butterfly dies are used to die cut black cardstock.
  • I found some great butterfly washi tape by Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby to finish the edge of the bottom die cut.  Such pretty butterflies!
  • Fortunately I had taken photos of the identification charts so I was able to accurately label the photos of the butterflies we interacted with in the exhibit.
  • The title is CK Typist by Quickutz.
Even though the layout is simple it did take time to die cut the bottom border and title!  Butterflies are wonderful insects and have special meaning for me.  We don't have many varieties here in Central Oregon, so visiting a butterfly exhibit is a special treat worth remembering.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous layout! I love all those butterflies and that lacy border die is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!