Wednesday, March 27, 2019

We Love Our Puppy

Typically I am not a single photo on a layout type of scrapper, but this photo deserved it's own page.  My four-year-old son had his face painted at a local street event and wore the paint for the rest of the day.  Once he got home I snapped this adorable photo.  The challenges over at Rochelle Spears and Scrap Your Stash were a great fit for this layout.


I have about 6 inches of Provo Craft light weight paper in my stash that I dug through to find all of the coordinating patterns and colors.  Once that was done the layout came together quickly, that is the beauty of using a sketch for inspiration!

  • All three mats that back the photo are trimmed to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".
  • The striped pennant is 2 1/2" wide because that is the largest size that fits into my new Paper Studio Pennant Punch.
  • Rings are die cut with two sizes of Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small.  They are about 4" in diameter.  I use Zig glue to carefully adhere them to the layout.
  • The tag is also 2 1/2" wide because I have another punch by Paper Studio punch that punches tag tops.  To finish the tag I punch a 5/8" circle and adhered it to the tag before punching the center whole.  It is finished with a ribbon bow, made from ribbon out of my stash.
  • I searched through my pet embellishments to find a few things to create the cluster.  KI Memories made Lace Cardstock titled Dirt Treats that I had sprayed with a few different Tsukineko Walnut Inks from the Spritzer Workstation (Eucalyptus, Terra Cotta, and Walnut) to make a background for another layout.  I still had the "mask" in my stash.  I trimmed a small corner to be the base of the cluster.
  • A Coluzzle template allowed me to cut the perfect size heart to layer over the top.  
  • Two paw print die cuts from my stash topped the cluster.  
  • With the dark background it was time to pull out the white sticker letters.  Swirly White by Creative Memories spelled out the title. 
  • I used my first try at the Coluzzle heart to journal and finish the layout.
Thanks for checking in here at Finding Snippets of Time to Craft, I hope you are finding snippets of time to craft in your neck of the woods! 

I was inspired by the following challenges:  
Scrappy Friends March--I was inspired by the love, circles and the puppy images in her layout!

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!