Thursday, March 28, 2019

Softball on the 4th

This layout is from the first Fourth of July we celebrated in our new home.  We actually have a softball field in our backyard.  Now we mostly use it to graze two steer in the summer.  But this is proof that we have played softball on our property!


The photos didn't really call for a red, white, and blue theme so I went with a patterned paper that featured stars in many colors.

  • I had two sheets of Star Struck from the Shabby Princess Collection from Bo Bunny Press 2007.  The pattern had an obvious direction for the stars.  I wanted to make two duplicate layouts, so one sheet I trimmed on the horizontal axis (all 3" x 12"), and the other on the vertical axis (2 1/2" x 12" and 3 1/2 x 12".  Viola, enough patterned paper for both layouts!
  • Digging through my stash of old Provo Craft Slabs I found coordinating papers from Slab II, Slab III, and Slab IV.  The yellow pattern is 6 1/2" x 11 1/2", the green is 5" x 12" and the blue is trimmed to back four of the photos.
  • The cardstock from DCWV and is the backing frame on the right and the base of the layout.  
  • Both cardstocks are used to die cut the title using Quickutz's Tangerine with Shadow font.
  • I also have giant Ric Rac from my stash (unknown origin) that was a perfect finishing embellishment.  Fortunately there is enough synthetic fiber in the Ric Rac to singe the ends to keep it from from fraying. 
This was a fun day that included a BBQ and lots of laughter.  Thanks for checking in, and every comment is fun to read!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful way to show off a fun ball game on a special day. Beautiful images and colors used for it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!