Sunday, March 24, 2019

Best Friends Water Fight

Nine years ago on the Fourth of July my young son enjoyed a water fight with our German Shepherd.  She was easily twice his size, but was his devoted companion and guardian.  The first years on our new property I knew that if Peter was outside with Sable, she was only a few feet behind and would make sure he was safe.  She was also a great playmate for a young boy.  I particularly like his expression in the last photo, one of pure joy!

  • I choose to work with scraps from the DCWV Premium Pet Stack.  The theme and colors worked well in many ways with the photos.
  • Only one sheet of the "just right" color of a Bazzill green was found in my stash, so I made it work.  The actual background of the left side is just lightweight white cardstock, so all of the sections would stay in place.  
  • Blue DCWV cardstock is used to die cut the title with Quickutz Katie.  This font allows a longer title, but doesn't take up as much space width wise.  
  • Vellum Quotes w/Flair Dogs provided the theme appropriate quotes.
  • The journaling is completed with a Zig Pen in Blue.  If I were to do this again I would use a black pen on this dark green cardstock to make it easier to read.  
My husband likes this layout as well, because it shows the relationship between Peter and Sable.  It was just a few moments in time, but now can be remembered and shared.  Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!