Thursday, March 21, 2019

Last Day of 5th Grade (School is finally out Version 2.0)

It just so happened that the year that school was extended by a week was the last year my younger son was in elementary school.  In the month of January that year, his school was closed for 11 days due to snow.  Well actually 4 or so of those days were because of snow and lack of plowing, but the other days were due to the fact that another elementary school in our district had their gym roof collapse! School was cancelled just as classes were starting and the district called in the engineers to check the structural integrity of all the buildings.  They found problems in five more schools, and spent parts of the next two weeks clearing the roofs of buildings with snow blowers and shovels.

I used the Bo Bunny Toy Box collection and two colors of Bazzill cardstock to create this layout.


  • The blue cardstock is trimmed to a circle using my trusty Creative Memories circle cutter.  I like that I can cut large circles cleanly, even though it is a really old tool!  The circle is then divided to bookend the other patterned papers.
  • Bo Bunny's Cheerful, Story Time and Circles scraps are trimmed  and layered together with the outside corners rounded.  
  • One of the reasons I choose the Toy Box collection is because the colors matched this ancient die cut of a bus of unknown origin.  Yeah!  It is on a layout and no longer languishing in my stash.
  • Quickutz Venus and Blossom are used to create the title.  
  • To add a the finishing touches I added a few wood veneers from Studio Calico, a heart and an arrow.  
My older son's version of this layout is much different, but it is fun to use photos in multiple ways.  Thanks so much for stopping by, your comments are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!