Wednesday, June 12, 2019

PADA Award Winner

Today I am sharing a layout about a stand-out event in my husband's career.  He is an aerospace engineer, and this is one of the first major awards that recognizes his excellence in the field of aviation design and engineering.  He is a long time EAA (Experimental Aviation Association) member and this award is from a subsidiary, the Personal Aviation Design Academy (PADA).


Echo Park's Jack and Jill collection was perfect for this layout.  I love the aviation themed parts of this collection.  I created this layout primarily from scraps left over from previous layouts.

  • A 2" strip of the B side of Travel pattern and 1 1/2" strip of the B side of Plaid pattern span both pages.  
  • I used a single 12" sticker from the Element stickers sheet to create the pop of red across the layout.  With creative placement of elements and a snip of the scissors it goes the distance.  I even had a small section left to add at the bottom of the layout for balance.
  • A journal card with the same print as the Planes pattern incorporated the diagrams of various aircraft in two places. 
  • A 6" x 6" square of the Planes pattern spans the bottom of the layout.   This paper is a favorite and I wanted more of it to show through. 
  • A small squares and rectangles of the B side of Cars pattern creates a visual triangle.
  • A few more elements from the Element Sticker sheet highlight the Dad and Son photo and balance on the opposite side with the compass.
  • The alpha stickers from the set are used for the title and sub-title.
  • Tangerine Quickutz is used to die cut the year for the title and add a bit more red for visual interest.
I really like how this layout came together and preserves an amazing memory for my husband.   Thanks for stopping by and visit again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and that was quite a fabulous way to show off his being so honored.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!