Monday, June 3, 2019

Redwood Shores for SID June Double Page Reveal

This is such a great sketch for the month of June.  Come have some fun with us at Stick It Down!


This time last year I visited the San Francisco Bay area with my husband.  He was speaking at a symposium, and I took the opportunity to explore the area around the hotel by walking around the Redwood Shores Lagoon.  It was a lovely walk.  I modified the sketch a bit by using five photos instead of four, with the center photo being one that could straddle the two sides of the layout.  I also had some fun with the diagonal pattern paper.



The colors of the photos worked perfectly with the Euphoria collection by Basic Grey that I loved so much I bought all of the embellishments too!  A few are included in this layout.
  • A trick for making diagonal strips for your layout is to cut the paper on the diagonal, rather than trimming straight 1 1/4" x 12" strips.  for this layout I measured down 3 1/2 inches from the top edge and trimmed the diagonal.  Using a paper trimmer I cut 1 1/4" along the same diagonal to create the strip.
  • All the strips are trimmed with this measurement to keep the them parallel for the layout. 
  • The green pattern needed four strips to complete the line across both sides of the layout.
  • The pink pattern needed three strips for the layout.  After adhering the stripe I trimmed the excess from the back of the layout.
  • The blue strip was actually from a scrap and started as 1 1/4" x 12".  
  • The darker pink pattern used one strip.
  • The patterned paper is adhered to Bazzill cardstock.
  • I selected a few Euphoria Chip Stickers and Rub-ons to complete the embellishments. 
  • Each of the photos has a small journal strip caption from Coordinations cardstock.  Zig Writer in Orchid was used for the journaling.

Stick It Down is a monthly challenge that includes sketches for double page layouts, single page layouts, and cards.  Do come join the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!