Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Retro Rubber Tic Tac Toe creates a Thank You Card

I think Tic Tac Toe challenges are so much fun over at Retro Rubber because of the huge variety of projects that can fit the theme!  Do check out the Design Team's cards, they are amazing!


I used the diagonal that includes enamel dots/gems, texture, and heat embossing. 


Sometimes when I am at a loss for inspiration I look through my stash of test projects to help me kick start my mojo.  This is just one of those times!
  • The background is white cardstock that is spritzed with Fireworks! in Rhubarb Stalk.  It was in the stash, so it was already dry.
  • It is pressure embossed with Tide by Lifestyle Crafts.
  • The surface is sanded to take off most of the Fireworks! spray.  In a few place you can tell the spray soaked all the way through the paper.
  • The sentiment is by Taylored Expressions from their In and Out Thanks collection released in October 2014.  It is stamped in Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk and heat embossed with iridescent clear embossing powder.  I used my Scan N Cut to die cut around the outside.
  • The background is mounted to a card base, the sentiment is mounted with dimensional foam adhesive, and the accent gems are added at the ends of the swirls in the pattern.
This card was very quick to put together once I had the initial concept.  I am very pleased with the final outcome!  Do come play along with us at Retro Rubber!  We have a few simple rules 1) use at least one stamp that is at least a year old 2) Enter up to ten challenges including ours.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Neva: I love your beautiful card, the texture you got from the embossing looks amazing after you sanded the paper, the embossing folder is really awesome.
    My card was late, grrr!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, I love the beautiful background, the texture is gorgeous makes me want to touch it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm in full summer mode, because this beautiful card reminds me of shaved water ice with the frosty pink color! Love the swirls, spatters and gemstones which combine for a great thank-you card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty, Neva! I have Fireworks spray & haven't used it in ages. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that EF and the effect you got with the spray and sanding it gorgeous Neva - fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job and great design Neva
    congrats !, have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!