Monday, July 1, 2019

Christmas in July Retro Rubber teaming up with Double Trouble

Happy July! Here at Retro Rubber, we are starting off this month with a bang (because it’s July, after all)! We are starting our challenge a day early so that we can team with the Double Trouble Challenge!
 
 
Our theme is Christmas in July so all you have to do for our challenge is to make a Christmas card using at least one stamp older than a year.
 
Here’s the cool part: by teaming with Double Trouble you get to play along with their challenge as well! All you need to do is follow their requirements which are super easy and fun!
  • Thing 1 – Double Trouble: Make a square card, scrapbook page, gift box or use squares on your project.
  • Thing 2 – Double Dare: Use a rubber or acrylic stamp older than one year. (Sweet – that’s us!)
  • Thing 3 – Twisted Sister: If you create a beach scene with Santa you can earn an extra chance to be in Double Trouble’s random draw.
Be sure to visit their website – Double Trouble Challenge – to get all the details for their challenge to make sure that you are following their requirements as well!  So here we go! Double the fun! Double the Trouble!
 
 
For my Christmas in July card I went with silver, white and a bit of pastel.  I am not a big Santa fan, so didn't have anything to play along with Thing 3.  
 
  • I started by stamping the Angel by DeNami Designs from 1998.  She is one of my origanal Angel stamps.  The image in stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer on white cardstock and heat embossed with Stampendous Sterling Silver Embossing Powder.
  • The image is colored with Decorating Chalks and gently blended to give just a hint of color.
  • The sentiment is another really old stamp, one from 1992 by Annette Watkins.  It is also stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer on white cardstock and heat embossed with Stampendous Sterling Silver Embossing Powder.
  • Both sections are edged in Delicata Black Shimmer to help them pop off the background.
  • I have a fun new toy . . . the Brother Scan N Cut SDX 225, the background is one of the designs that comes loaded on the machine.  I sized it to 5.25" x 5.25" to fit the front of my square card base and die cut Canson Silver Cardstock.  
  • The 5.5" x 5.5"  card base is also edged in Delicata Black Shimmer,
  • After I adhered the die cut I added the Angel image and the sentiment with dimensional foam tape.  
 I am very pleased with this quick and simple card, and may make a few more for the Christmas Season!  Please do come play along with us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and Double Trouble.  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful...love your sparkly and shimmery angel against the beautiful scan and cut background. You are going to love your new Toy...really great when you stamp a sheet of different stamps and scan and cut...I do many cuts and then color when needed. Thanks for using our "Be Square" requirement at Double Trouble. Please enter your beautiful card at Double Trouble and come back for future Thing 1, 2 and 3 challenges in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beautiful card. What a wonderful angel design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, this is so beautiful. So elegant and feels really delicate. I love all the shimmery silver elements. I have a silhouette portrait, not exactly the same as the scan n cut, but I love what it can do. I just wish I had the space for it to be out all the time. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicate and so very pretty card!
    congrats Neva
    have a great week :)
    hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!